Musculoskeletal (MSK) radiology is a subspecialty of diagnostic radiology that interprets imaging and performs image-guided procedures of the bones, joints, spine and soft tissues. Our fellowship-trained MSK physicians specialize in diagnosing and treating diseases and injuries of the musculoskeletal system.
Musculoskeletal disorders are conditions that can affect your muscles, bones, and joints. Some conditions include (but are not limited to) tendinitis, arthritis, plantar fasciitis, sports injuries and fractures. Some of the risk factors for these disorders include:
- Family History
- Lifting heavy weights
- Performing repetitive motions
Exams and Procedures
At Delaney Radiology, we offer a wide range of imaging services and procedures. The following exams and procedures are used to diagnose and/or treat musculoskeletal disorders and injuries:
- Arthrogram – An x-ray guided injection of anesthetic and contrast agent into the joint of interest. The purpose is to better visualize the internal anatomy of the joint for more accurate diagnosis and surgical planning. Our providers perform arthrograms of multiple joints including the shoulder, hip, wrist, and knee.
- Steroid Injection – An x-ray guided injection of anesthetic and steroid into the joint to relieve inflammation and pain
- Joint Aspiration – A procedure to remove fluid from a joint to help diagnose the cause of the fluid and provide relief from pressure and pain
- MSK Ultrasonography (ultrasound) – A method of obtaining diagnostic images of the soft tissues through the use of high frequency sound waves. It has a variety of uses including diagnosing tendon or ligament tears, inflammation, soft tissue masses or fluid within the joints. Our MSK radiologists commonly perform ultrasounds of the shoulder, knee, Achilles tendon, and foot.
Remember that you have a choice in your health care and request to have your imaging performed at Delaney Radiology. Our staff of board-certified radiologists and trained technologists will ensure your imaging is high quality and cost effective every time.
Our Fellowship-Trained MSK Radiologists
- John B. Crudup, MD
- Scott Dziedzic, MD
- Michael J. Fisher, MD
- Willard G. Hession, MD
- Ryan P. McWey, MD
- Sandip J. Patel, MD